Sunday 13 May 2018

602 - Revisiting my Website

After losing all of my first website files and content after my external hard-drive broke, it taught me a valuable lesson to never not back up my work in the cloud so it is safe forever. 

This meant I had to start fresh with my website design, so I opted to pay the extra fees to create via an online platform instead, as my initial experiments on Muse proved to me how web design was not for me!

I mimicked my website structure as closely as I could, but naturally was able to develop it into something even more impactful and engaging for my audience..

www.sjhughes.co


Upon opening the homepage, you are always met with a pop-up lightbox introducing me as a creative with my humorous animated gif. This gives a bit of background about me and then directs you into the site..



The layout and setup of Wix made for an easy and considered designing process allowing me to consider the functionality for the audience at every step.
- Through the consistency of my colour scheme, as well as intricate little touches like the colour of links when you hover over them.

- I ensured there were quick and obvious links to my social and professional platforms as well as interactive, moving covers for each of my projects to reflect my motion practise.



The task bar allowed me to tailor every element of the design to my needs, also staying consistent with my use of Space Mono within my entire brand identity.















- Professional and hard-hitting information about myself, with another interactive gif!


With clear links and contact forms inviting people to get in touch..


I ensured I was referencing my personal projects and platforms through the site to better engage those and represent my practise on a whole.



- Also developing from my previous site with proper, consistently style case studies of each project. Not to mention, how easy it is update the info.




Finished website tour:
Give it a look a proper look at www.sjhughes.co




No comments:

Post a Comment